Frequently asked questions
- What happens if your quota exceeds limits?
You will be notified by the API that your quota has been reached. It will be reset every 24 hours. If you are looking for more requests than we offer please contact us.
- What to do if you experience a bug in the API?
Please add an issue on github and let us know what it is about.
- You would like to host openrouteservice yourself?
We offer the possibility to host openrouteservice on-premise. Follow the instructions on github.
- You are missing a feature?
Most of our modes of transport we offer have been created at the request of the openrouteservice community. Please contact us via our forum if you have any great ideas for new profiles, we would love to hear about them.
- How often do we update the routing network?
Our update process is triggered once a new planet file appears. It should take about 1-2 weeks until the old network is replaced. Take a look at our backend documentation for details on the processes and timings involved.